Marlene Lawson is a professional speaker, author, trained Biblical Counselor, and certified Christian Life Coach. With more than 35 years of ministry experience, she brings humor and practical life application to Biblical principles.
Marlene’s mission is to challenge women to seek, find, and live out their full potential in Christ. She is a regular speaker at women's events across the country and serves on the Girlville Getaway cruise speaking team with Servant Heart Ministries. She most recently served as Ministry Network director for CityLinC Ministries.
She laughs and loves alongside her husband, Len, in an old farmhouse full of children and grandchildren in Michigan. Thanks to her family, friends, living arrangements, and upbringing, Marlene is never short on embarrassing stories or lessons she’s learned the hard way.
Book Marlene for your next event!
Most requested speaking topics:
Real Women, Real Life, Real Faith
- Based on her book "Does This Outfit Make Me Look Fat? Real Women, Real Life, Real Faith" - a humorous and candid take on being a woman, dealing with real life and living out real faith and learning how to let God use us even in the middle of our hot mess - going from Diva to Divine!
- 1 to 3 sessions/broad enough to be tailored to most women's themes
Shut Up, Girlfriend!
- Most of us have a hard time knowing when to turn off our mouths - With a mixture of humor and straight talk, Marlene delivers a candid message, speaking from experience, lessons learned from 40yrs of married life and the true stories shared in her book, "The 1st Peter 3 Girls: Sisterhood of Tragedy, Triumph and God's Amazing Grace."
- 1 to 3 sessions with a marriage role focus - can be tailored for single/engaged/married women
More Than Just A Parade -or- Tis The Season To Be Stressing!
- The perfect, fun yet meaningful, presentation for your Thanksgiving/Christmas season ladies event with a real honest look at why we do what we do during the holiday season and how to slow it down and enjoy what's really important!
- 1 session
*Marlene is happy to work with you to tailor a presentation to fit your specific event*
Marlene did a wonderful job entertaining us. She is a great speaker who taught as well as making me feel that she is approachable and real.
I love Marlene’s authentic, down-to-earth style of speaking. She spoke at a women’s Christmas event at our church and we enjoyed her message. She shares real life experiences in a way that is very approachable and relatable. I especially loved hearing about the act of kindness that blessed her family! Truly heartwarming.