Marlene Lawson is a PK who didn’t feel like she fit the preacher’s kid mold but who the Lord called in to ministry in spite of her reluctance. Author of “The 1st Peter 3 Girls: Sisterhood of Tragedy, Triumph, and God’s Amazing Grace” book and Bible study, and “Does This Outfit Make Me Look Fat? Real Women. Real Life. Real Faith” and with over 40years of ministry experience she is a regular speaker for women’s events and has served with several para- church ministries in various capacities over 40 years. She has also served on Servant Heart Ministries speaking team for multiple Girlville Getaway inspirational cruises.
A wife of 43+ years, mom, and grandma to six exceptional grandchildren, Marlene brings her own unique brand of humor to her presentations. In the culture we live in she feels her ministry is to get real, be real, and stay real and challenge and encourage women to become all that Christ created and saved them to be… REAL Women, facing REAL Life, living out REAL FAITH!
Most requested speaking topics:
Real Women, Real Life, Real Faith
- Based on her book "Does This Outfit Make Me Look Fat? Real Women, Real Life, Real Faith" - a humorous and candid take on being a woman, dealing with real life and living out real faith and learning how to let God use us even in the middle of our hot mess - going from Diva to Divine!
- 1 to 3 sessions/broad enough to be tailored to most women's themes
Shut Up, Girlfriend!
- Most of us have a hard time knowing when to turn off our mouths - With a mixture of humor and straight talk, Marlene delivers a candid message, speaking from experience, lessons learned from 40yrs of married life and the true stories shared in her book, "The 1st Peter 3 Girls: Sisterhood of Tragedy, Triumph and God's Amazing Grace."
- 1 to 3 sessions with a marriage role focus - can be tailored for single/engaged/married women
More Than Just A Parade -or- Tis The Season To Be Stressing!
- The perfect, fun yet meaningful, presentation for your Thanksgiving/Christmas season ladies event with a real honest look at why we do what we do during the holiday season and how to slow it down and enjoy what's really important!
- 1 session
*Marlene is happy to work with you to tailor a presentation to fit your specific event*
Marlene did a wonderful job entertaining us. She is a great speaker who taught as well as making me feel that she is approachable and real.
I love Marlene’s authentic, down-to-earth style of speaking. She spoke at a women’s Christmas event at our church and we enjoyed her message. She shares real life experiences in a way that is very approachable and relatable. I especially loved hearing about the act of kindness that blessed her family! Truly heartwarming.